"Mullein" 3 color reduction linocut on mulberry paper.
I was cleaning up the studio last night, and stumbled across a photograph of a mullein plant that I'd intended to use as the reference for a block print. So I jumped on in and the image above is the result. I used this print to experiment with some new oil based ink. I bought some transparent base, as someone on baren mentioned that they use transparent etching base and then just add color using a pigment suspension. I have some akua color pigments, and I tried mixing with those as well as using my oil paints as the source of pigment. I'm very happy with the results. I was able to get lovely transparent colors and I love how the oil based inks roll out. I think I'm hooked.